Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Deluxe Mashed Potatoes

These are to die for. Oh MAN. My mouth's watering for them right now.

Serves 6. Prep time: 25 minutes. Cooking time: 15-20 minutes.

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
½ small yellow onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
½ cup nonfat sour cream
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg (like I said, this is the best!!)
½ teaspoon white pepper (I used black and it tasted yummy; I wonder how it’d taste with white?)
¼ teaspoon salt
4 cups cooked mashed potatoes
¼ cup bread crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Stir sour cream, thyme, nutmeg, pepper, and salt into skillet. Mix well.
3. In a medium bowl, combine mashed potatoes with onion mixture. Mix well. Spoon into a 1-quart casserole dish; smooth top.
4. Sprinkle bread crumbs over potato mixture and dot with remaining butter.
5. Bake potato casserole until heated through and top is golden, about 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

KellyAnn said...

These sound wonderful. I am a mashed potato girl!

Mary said...

Mmm... I love mashed potatoes as well, and these have got to be great!

Craig & Cynthia said...

Thank you!! I am so excited to try it. It sounds so good.

WANT TO CONTRIBUTE?

We would love to have your recipes! If you would like to contribute to this blog, send me an email at maryhicken@gmail.com and I will send you an author invite!

Recipe Requests

Looking for a certain recipe? Then ask around for it here!

Index