Saturday, June 14, 2008

Macaroni Salad (The Best!)

I am not a fan of pasta salads, but I absolutely love this one! I got the recipe from a friend, who got it from her mother. The sauce makes the recipe - it is creamy and delicious!

1 cup elbow macaroni (amount uncooked)
1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 cup chopped ham
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/3 cup chopped onion, or LESS (I love onions, but the kids eat it better with less!)

Cook macaroni & drain. Combine all of the above. Then add the sauce (ingredients below):

1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Miracle Whip
1/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp. milk
2 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish

**Chill 4 to 24 hours

2 comments:

KellyAnn said...

I LOVE this salad and I DON'T like macaroni!!

Mary said...

This really is WONDERFUL! I love it.

WANT TO CONTRIBUTE?

We would love to have your recipes! If you would like to contribute to this blog, send me an email at maryhicken@gmail.com and I will send you an author invite!

Recipe Requests

Looking for a certain recipe? Then ask around for it here!

Index