Thursday, May 15, 2008

THE Spinach Salad

This is the salad that I make for every family function. It's great!


Salad:
1/2 head iceburg lettuce
1/2 small bag of spinach (make the amounts of iceburg and spinach about the same.)
1/2 c. swiss cheese
1/4 c. cottage cheese
Bacon (I throw a couple of handfuls of the bacon in a bag at costco) You can use bacon bits or fried bacon.
Red onion


Dressing:
1/3 c. oil
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
4 Tbs. sugar
1 Tbs. mustard
1/2 tsp. salt

Toss right before serving.

I usually only use 1/3-1/2 of the dressing. It makes a lot, so don't use all of it!

2 comments:

Mary said...

This really is the BEST green salad... even people who don't like salad LOVE IT. Thanks for posting this Melissa! Now I don't have to search through your blog everytime I make it. :)

Heather said...

Melissa thank you so much for posting this salad...I have been missing it for 10 months!!!! I am having the missionaries over for dinner tonight so hopefully I can make it taste just like yours! Take care!

WANT TO CONTRIBUTE?

We would love to have your recipes! If you would like to contribute to this blog, send me an email at maryhicken@gmail.com and I will send you an author invite!

Recipe Requests

Looking for a certain recipe? Then ask around for it here!

Index