Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Zucchini Cake

With Meg's brownie recipe with Zucchini I thought, that maybe you all would like this recipe too. It is actually Amanda's, or my mom's. It is really good.

3 1/2 cup shredded zucchini (Packed) Don't peel.
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa + 1 TBS
1 1/2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs

Mix wet ingredients with zucchini. Sift dry ingredients together and mix into wet ingredients. Pour into oiled 9 x 13 pan. Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees.

Icing
3 oz. cream cheese, softened a little
3/4 stick of margarine, softened a little
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 TBS cream
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix all together.

3 comments:

KellyAnn said...

In response to a question asked by Kirsten, packed means as much zucchini that can be fit into that 3 1/2 cups.
I am afraid I am not much help in the eggplant department. I missed that day in home-ec. :)

Amanda said...

Oooh . . . I made this a couple of weeks ago and it disappeared pretty fast! I love the cream cheese frosting topping the moist, yummy cake. Goodness, I might have to make it again! :)

Mary said...

Oh YUM. My visiting teacher brought me some zucchini yesterday, so I'm going to have to make this. It's one of my all time favorite cakes.

WANT TO CONTRIBUTE?

We would love to have your recipes! If you would like to contribute to this blog, send me an email at maryhicken@gmail.com and I will send you an author invite!

Recipe Requests

Looking for a certain recipe? Then ask around for it here!

Index