Thursday, April 17, 2008

Almond Chicken Salad

This is Savannah's recipe from our family cookbook and I made it for dinner last night and both Spencer and I thought it was a perfect spring/summer meal...light and easy! I had to make a few changes, due to ingredients, but anyway, thanks Vans for the great recipe.

Almond Chicken Salad
2-3 cups cubed cooked chicken
15 oz. can of Mandarin Oranges
8 oz. can Pinapple tidbits
1/4 cup almonds, cashews, or in my case last night, since I had neither of those, Macadamia nuts (worked great with the oranges and pineapple)
Salad Dressing (or Mayo, Miracle Whip, whichever you prefer) a big spoonful or so
Plain Yogurt (about 2 big spoonfuls, I think...8 oz or so would probably be good)
a bit of salt and pepper, to taste
and then I also added chow mein noodles

Mix together and serve in Pita Bread. It's really good!

1 comment:

KellyAnn said...

This sounds so good. I call it for food group.

WANT TO CONTRIBUTE?

We would love to have your recipes! If you would like to contribute to this blog, send me an email at maryhicken@gmail.com and I will send you an author invite!

Recipe Requests

Looking for a certain recipe? Then ask around for it here!

Index