Monday, April 21, 2008

Mexican Roast

Super Easy and delish crock-pot dinner:

Mexican roast
3-5 lb beef roast
1/2 c water
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
1 t. dried oregano
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 14 oz can mexican style crushed tomatoes (I can't always find crushed tomatoes, so I get the sliced ones and put them in the blender for a few seconds)
1 4oz can chopped green chilies

Brown roast on all sides with oil in skillet (I don't do this and it turns out fine!)
Place in crock pot. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours. Shred beef with forks and serve with sauce,
Serve with tortillas, (I buy the kind you cook your self) cheese, beans, lettuce, sour cream, tortilla chips. Can make into salad, or taco's/burritos.

*It makes a ton, so you can freeze half and save for another meal.

No comments:

WANT TO CONTRIBUTE?

We would love to have your recipes! If you would like to contribute to this blog, send me an email at maryhicken@gmail.com and I will send you an author invite!

Recipe Requests

Looking for a certain recipe? Then ask around for it here!

Index