Monday, April 7, 2008

Key Lime Cheesecake

I've been craving key lime things lately (and I always love cheesecake) so here is a really good recipe to fill my needs. It works great to take to parties and such.

2 3/4 c. graham cracker or vanilla wafer crumbs
1/2 c. butter, melted
2 (8 oz) pkgs. cream cheese
2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. key lime juice or regular lime juice
2 Tbsp. lime peel, grated

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cracker crumbs and melted buter together. Press into a 9 x 13 pan. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in sweetened condensed milk until the mixture is smooth. Stir in lime juice and grated lime peel. Pour over chilled crust. Bake 25-30 minutes, until center is frim to the touch. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before cutting into bars and serving.

4 comments:

Genny said...

Oh! I love the flavor of lime in desserts too! I have a great lime pie I will have to post here, it's so easy. It has to be if I can make it! ha ha

Em said...

I am going to make this when my Mom and Dad come this weekend. It sounds soooo good!!

kiddle97 said...

Oh man, does this sound divine... (of course, it came from Ariana, so that automatically guarantees a yummy recipe, just ask Brent.)

Ariana said...

Genny-is your lime pie anything like your mom's lemon one? I love that one!
Em-Let me know how the cheesecake turns out. It's pretty easy.
Kirst-thank you for your compliments (and Brent, I guess). Maybe this would be a cheesecake we could get him to try and maybe he'd finally start liking cheesecake??? Yeah, I doubt it too.

WANT TO CONTRIBUTE?

We would love to have your recipes! If you would like to contribute to this blog, send me an email at maryhicken@gmail.com and I will send you an author invite!

Recipe Requests

Looking for a certain recipe? Then ask around for it here!

Index