Monday, April 14, 2008

Chicken Parmesan

Alison,
You could try this one. I am not sure I've ever had Olive Garden's Chicken Parmesan, so I'm not sure this will be the same, but my brother-in-law makes it, so it has to be SUPER easy ;) and it was really delicious. If you try it, let me know if it's what you're looking for.

Serves 4.

8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded thin (“Thin is key!” says Brad)
1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti or marinara sauce
1 packet McCormick Parmesan mix
Vegetable oil
Linguine pasta
Shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350° (or whatever the Parmesan mix packet says.) Take chicken halves and lightly coat both sides in vegetable oil. Dredge in parmesan mix. Put in oven for approximately 20 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken. While that’s cooking, heat jar of spaghetti sauce. Cook pasta according to package directions. When chicken is done, lightly cover each piece with a layer of sauce, a layer of cheese, and put back in oven for 5 minutes. On serving plates, put pasta on the bottom, then one piece of chicken on top of each, and pour remaining spaghetti sauce on the top of that, if desired. Serve.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Now that sounds delish. And EASY is key for me! :) I'm going to have to try this. (Along with all the recipes that have been posted thus far!)

Alison said...

Yup, I especially like easy that I'll have to try it out and see. Thanks for it!

WANT TO CONTRIBUTE?

We would love to have your recipes! If you would like to contribute to this blog, send me an email at maryhicken@gmail.com and I will send you an author invite!

Recipe Requests

Looking for a certain recipe? Then ask around for it here!

Index