Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tillamook Orange Hazelnut Cookies

Ok, I haven't actually tried this yet, but it sounded really yummy and I wanted to be sure I wrote it down somewhere before I threw away the box it came from, so that is why it is going here. If I ever do try it (sadly, Brent doesn't like nuts, so I don't often get to cook with them. Picture me crying silently to my sad self...), I'll let you know how I like it. And if any of you try it, will you do the same? If it turns out gross let me know, and I'll remove it from the blog. Thanks!

1 cup Tillamook Unsalted Butter (can you tell I got it from a package of butter?)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
zest from one orange (about 1 tablespoon)
2 cups flour
3 1/2 cups toasted hazelnuts or pinenuts, chopped

Cream together butter, sugars and salt. Add vanilla and zest, and beat well. Mix in flour and hazelnuts to form a soft dough. Divide dough and form into two 10-inch logs, cover with clear cling wrap and chill for 1 hour. Cut 1/4-inch-thick slices from logs. Place on a greased baking sheet 1" apart and bake at 350° for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Makes 4 dozen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There is something missing from this recipe- eggs! I tried this the way the recipe is written, and even after refrigerating, it cannot hold together to slice. The dough is to die for delicious, but I think it needs at least 2 and maybe three eggs to hold together!

kiddle97 said...

Good to know! Thanks! (Although I'm sorry it was trial-and-error to find out...)

WANT TO CONTRIBUTE?

We would love to have your recipes! If you would like to contribute to this blog, send me an email at maryhicken@gmail.com and I will send you an author invite!

Recipe Requests

Looking for a certain recipe? Then ask around for it here!

Index