Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Beef Stroganoff Sandwich

Susan Lupold brought this to my family for dinner one time when her food group was bringing me meals. My family loved it so now I use it in my food group.

2 lbs ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 loaf french bread
2 cups sour cream
2 tomatoes diced
1 large green pepper, diced
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Brown beef and onion. Drain. Add salt, garlic and pepper. Cut bread lengthwise and butter both halves. (I don't always butter it. It is good either way) Place on a baking sheet. Remove mixture from heat and add sour cream. Spoon onto bread. Sprinkle tomatoes, green pepper and cheese. Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serves 8-10.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

We love this one. You can make it for food group anytime.

Ruth said...

This really is a wonderful meal sandwich. It's one of my favorites!

Mary said...

I made this last night. I love it!

WANT TO CONTRIBUTE?

We would love to have your recipes! If you would like to contribute to this blog, send me an email at maryhicken@gmail.com and I will send you an author invite!

Recipe Requests

Looking for a certain recipe? Then ask around for it here!

Index